Monday, January 16, 2012
Static Memories (Short-Short)
Another lazy summer day. My friends and I all sit around the living room wondering what we should do. Light pours in through the window and the TV is on but no one is really paying any attention to it; it is just static noise to play in the background. It has become such a natural part of our lives to where we now feel uncomfortable in the silence without it.
We sit around making suggestions that someone is ultimately against. Everyone sighs and the cycle continues anew. I pause to take a quick glance at the TV screen. I think to myself that one day, these kind of lazy days will no longer be possible. My friends and I will grow up and apart from one another. These events will turn into wistful memories that some of us may leave behind.
But I don’t want to forget, so I choose to take this all in and record the memories that will one day be important even if they seem trivial now. I hold on to these memories, refusing to let them become much like the TV: static in the background.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the idea here--maybe with more specific, concrete details about the friends and their lazy days. some of this could have more impact? Like . . . what events? what memories?
ReplyDelete